Earlier this month you watched the first episode of The Joe Show. If you missed it, check it out here. One of the episode’s highlights featured Chef Matteo showing Joe how to make a healthy and vibrant Winter Kale Salad. Chef Matteo strives to elevate plant-based cuisine to the respect it deserves. He seeks fresh, seasonal ingredients that are local, organic, and sustainably grown. Read more about Chef Matteo in our interview: http://bit.ly/14awvxA
Chef Matteo’s Winter Kale Salad is perfect for cold months since it fills your body up with an abundance of nutrients, healthy fat, and a hint of natural sweetness.
- 1 bunch green curly kale, peel leaves off the stem into bite size pieces
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- tea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 carrot, chopped or julienned
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Add kale, carrots, raisins and sunflower seeds to large salad bowl.
- Add avocado and mix together using hands, making sure everything is coated evenly.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.