We all know that your juice can be nutritious, but let’s not forget that it can also be delicious. I came up with this recipe when Jamie told me that we had a lot of extra carrots in the Reboot Kitchen and we didn’t want to waste them. So in an attempt to make a fun carrot juice, I thought if you can make cake from carrots, why not turn that into a yummy juice? So I came up with this fun spin on traditional carrot cake.
And if you are someone who doesn’t usually choose sweet juices, remember to strive for variety. Human bodies are complex and need a multitude of different nutrients to stay healthy and keep us at the top of our game. So even though green juices are sure to pack a ton of nutrients, try to mix it up and add some fruit and root vegetable juices to your diet as well. This way you’ll be sure to soak in as many nutrients as possible.
Here are three things to take away from this recipe:
- Juice ‘em if you got ‘em! If you have leftover produce in the fridge, make it into a juice instead of wasting it.
- Healthy juices can taste good too! When making your juices, don’t forget to have fun and know that you can aim for tasty as well as healthy.
- Mix it up! Be sure to diversify your juices, even if it’s not what you usually drink – your body will like the variation.
- 4 – 6 large carrots
- 1 1/2 sweet potatoes
- 1 – 2 red apples
- Dash of cinnamon
- Wash all ingredients.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut produce to fit through your juicer then push all ingredients through.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.