- 2 cups (100 g) sliced mushrooms
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (80 g) cashews (optional for a Post-Reboot meal)
- 3 tbsp + ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into thin ribbons
- Wash produce.
- Sauté mushrooms in skillet with olive oil, garlic, and Himalayan salt over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cashews (only if eating this as a Post-Reboot meal) and 3 Tbsp. maple syrup. Continue to sauté, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom and cashew toss from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet (don’t rinse – the flavors will soak into the Brussels!), add ½ Tbsp. maple syrup and turn up to medium/high heat, and add in the Brussels sprouts with Himalayan salt to taste.
- Cook Brussels sprouts for about 7 minutes, until they reach a golden brown. Stir occasionally, but be sure to allow them to golden by not stirring too often.
- When Brussels are finished, add them to the mushroom mixture and toss.
- For a heartier meal, serve with quinoa. (My quinoa looks darker than normal here because I cooked it in vegetable broth vs. water to give it more flavor.)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.