This is a super fun and creative way to enjoy fresh fruit. As it cools down in the northern hemisphere it is warming up down here in Australia very quickly — I’ve gone from boots to singlets in no time — so this is a refreshing treat. Even if you’re approaching winter, you can enjoy this as a simple, delicious and healthy dessert or snack at any time of the day, including breakfast. This blend is high in natural vitamin A and rich in potent polyphenols and other plant compounds.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of turmeric (optional)
- Juice oranges with a citrus juicer or regular juicer.
- Peel and remove the seeds from the cantaloupe and chop.
- Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend and pour into a large flat tin.
- Place in the freezer and remove 1 hour later and scrap with a fork then place it back into the freezer for another 45 minutes and repeat the process until you have a lovely snow-like consistency.
- Serve in a glass or small bowl to enjoy!
- Cantaloupe – green melon, watermelon
- Orange – mandarin, lemon, tangelo
- Coconut water – orange juice, water
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.