By Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
If you love the classic chocolate and mint combination, then you’ll love this healthy dessert (or snack)! These balls contain fibre, good fats, protein, calcium, magnesium, manganese and vitamin B2. If you prefer to make only chocolate balls, just leave out the peppermint oil. You also have the option of rolling them in extra cacao powder or nibs for extra nutrients, more flavor, and more chocolate.
1. Remove the seeds out of the dates and chop.
2. Process nuts, cacao and salt in a food processor.
3. Add the dates, almond butter, peppermint oil and vanilla to the nut mixture and process.
4. Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball then roll it in cacao nibs or cacao powder.
5. Store in the fridge for at least one hour to let the balls slightly harden before serving.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Serving Size: 1
Trans Fat: 2g