This sweet shake is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast, energizing afternoon snack, and a pre- or post workout meal. The dates lend a sweet flavor while the lettuce’s taste is literally undetectable making it a great way to add some veggies to your smoothie. Pea based protein powders, like the Reboot with Joe Protein Powder, contain the most Leucine, an important branched chain amino acid – or building block of protein for muscle maintenance, especially during exercise or periods of caloric restriction.
- 8 oz (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Reboot with Joe Protein Powder (if you don’t have this you can use 2 – 3 tbsp of hemp seeds and add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pitted date
- 1/2 cup (70 g) frozen blueberries
- 5 large frozen strawberries
- 2 red or green leaf lettuce leaves
- Wash lettuce.
- Add coconut water, chia seeds, protein powder, cinnamon, dates, blueberries and strawberries to blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Pour into glass and garnish with chia and cinnamon.
- Lettuce – spinach, kale (Tuscan cabbage)
- Cinnamon – pumpkin pie spice, ginger
- Strawberries – raspberries
- Blueberries – blackberries
- Dates- banana
- Protein powder – optional or use any pea or other plant based protein powder
- Coconut water – unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Chia – flax seeds
- Nutrition per serving:
- Calories340 mg
- Fat16 g
- Saturated Fat2 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium270 mg
- Carbohydrates35 g
- Fiber10 g
- Sugars18 g
- Protein 15 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.