Smoothie bowls (also sometimes called Acai bowls) are becoming increasingly more popular, so I decided to give it a try, and was quite pleasantly surprised! These smoothie bowls seems to be less filling than a traditional smoothie and can be a great way to pack a lot of nutrients into a small serving. What’s also great about these smoothie bowls is the variety they allow, because you can add virtually anything to them.
This particular smoothie bowl is a blend of fruits, grains and protein-rich hemp seeds. It has great variety provided by the different textures of the ingredients. The variety of ingredients including the berries, including the goji’s, blueberries, and raspberries are great sources of antioxidants, and when mixed with the hemp seeds and oats makes for a well-rounded breakfast.
- 1 cup (225 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (115 g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cups (500 ml) unsweetened almond milk (or coconut or hemp milk)
Toppings: (split between 2 bowls)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds/hearts
- dash of cinnamon
- Optional: add your favorite nuts, seeds, and fruits
- Add smoothie ingredients through blender, blending until smooth, then pour into two bowls.
- Prepare and divide smoothie bowl toppings evenly between the two bowls and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.