You might think of your blender as your “smoothie machine,” but you can create so much more with it. This recipe is great for lazy bakers who still want to make a healthy treat. With blender muffins, you can add all of the ingredients to your blender and then pour the mixture directly into your muffin pan. No eggs, oil or refined sugar needed for these easy-to-make muffins. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (160g) oats
- 2 tbsp (14g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) nut milk (almond, coconut or whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup (64g) nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, sunflower seed or whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and add parchment paper liners to your muffin pan (or grease with a little coconut oil).
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, starting with the liquids and process on high for about a minute, until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pout the batter into the muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 or so minutes, until the muffins begin to turn brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack (or separate plate) to cool completely.
- After cooling for a few more minutes, enjoy them or transfer them to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Optional add in: You can add fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries or a mix of berries to these muffins after you have poured the mixture into the muffin cups for some extra antioxidants. If you want more of a dessert muffin, add vegan chocolate chips.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 muffins
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.