Tropical foods were the topic of discussion at our last Kids Dinner Club class (ages 3 to 5) so we couldn’t resist making a tropical salad! The kids loved it because it was colorful with a touch of sweetness thanks to the mango. This is also one of our more popular catering dishes when we are feeding larger groups.
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked and cooled slightly
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 lemons or limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & fresh pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and fresh pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine black beans, avocado, mango, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add in half of the dressing. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl add spinach and toss with the remaining dressing.
- Plate spinach, top with quinoa and then top with black bean-mango salad.ENJOY!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.