A refreshing summer salad is on the menu! This salad is loaded with healthy and nourishing ingredients—like the avocado that’s loaded with anti-inflammatory fat, the black beans that contain digestive-healthy fiber and bell peppers that contain vitamin C and anti-sun damage beta-carotene.
Enjoy this salad as part of your main dish or as a side dish this summer! To mix it up, add a variety of your favorite veggies.
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ear of corn, boiled, with kernels removed from the ear
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare ingredients, and then add all salad ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- In a small dish, mix together dressing ingredients and use a fork or a whisk to combine together thoroughly.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and mix together with a fork or spoon.
- Serve the salad as a meal or with your favorite main dish.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 20-30 minutes
Servings: 6-8 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.