Baked Zucchini (Australian Courgette) with Tomatoes and Herbs – Veggie Dish
- 5 small Zucchini
- 4 Scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Celery Leaves (from inner stalks), chopped
- 4 tbsp Basil Leaves, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini in half crosswise. Cut each half again lengthwise, and slice each of the halves into 4 equal, ½ inch pieces. They should look like sticks.
- In a bowl, mix together the zucchini sticks with the white parts of the scallions, onion, tomatoes, celery leaves and basil.
- Mix in the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Pour into a 3 quart baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the sliced green tops of the scallions and the extra chopped basil.