Have you ever noticed the hundreds of pre-packaged granola bars you pass by at the grocery store? I say “pass by” on purpose because you should keep on walking! Most of these (not all of them) are heavily processed with
– high fructose corn syru
– bleached flour (after it’s milled and bleached white with chemicals like chlorine, this baking flour loses many of its original whole-grain nutrients)
– and words we couldn’t pronounce if we tried like Butyalted Hydroxyanisole (BHA – chemical added to foods to preserve fats and keep them from turning rancid) and Butyalted Hydroxytoluene (BHT – chemical used as a preservative in snack foods.
and much more!
This shouldn’t be a reason for you to stop enjoying them. Instead, save your money and your health and whip up these NO BAKE, 6-ingredient Almond Butter Berry Granola Bars without even turning on your oven!
- 1 3/4 cups rolled whole oats
- 1/2 cup goji berries (or a combination of goji berries and mulberries)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup room temperature almond butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well until the oats and berries are evenly coated with the maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into an 8″x 8″ baking pan (aim for your granola bars to be about 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick)
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour until they are slightly hardened.
- Cut into 8 rectangles. Wrap each one in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 7g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.