It’s hot out there in New York City so this week we are focusing on foods that hydrate! Did you know that watermelon is 92% water and strawberries are 91% water? Both also contain an impressive amount of vitamin C! Our Watermelon-Mint Smoothie combines both watermelon and strawberries, simply blended with a touch of mint! Delicious, hydrating and refreshing!
Make this for yourself and your kids this summer after a long day at the pool!
- 1 1/2 cups (215 g) watermelon, rind removed and cubed
- 6 strawberries, stem removed and quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or lime)
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh mint, stem removed
- Wash strawberries and mint.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat0.5 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium10 mg
- Carbohydrates28 g
- Fiber4 g
- Sugars21 g
- Protein 3 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.