Looking to get away from cereals and/or cooking in the mornings? Try this breakfast bowl. The base is a thicker-than-usual smoothie made with acai (pronounced “ah-sah-EE”). This potent berry is high in antioxidants and can be very beneficial for a range of health problems. It has a naturally tart flavor which goes well with other fruits and nuts. Acai berries are high in anthocyanins, polyphenols, vitamins A, C and E they also contain healthy fats, dietary fiber, amino acids, electrolytes and plant sterols. You can turn this bowl into an afternoon snack or enjoy as a healthy dessert when you feel like something sweet too.
Acai Berry Mix:
- 2 packets frozen Acai berry or 2 Tbsp of acai powder
- ½ frozen or fresh banana
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh berries (I used strawberries)
- 1 Tbsp of cashews
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
Toppings: Chopped brazil nuts, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, sliced kiwi fruit, chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients of the acai berry mixture into a high speed blender and blend well.
- Place acai berry mixture into a bowl and top with your desired toppings.
Banana – pineapple
Berries – any type of fruit
Cashews + water – coconut milk
Honey – rice malt, maple syrup
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.