It’s easier than you think to eat an entire day’s worth of calories just in the snacks at holiday parties, gatherings and functions. But going to a party doesn’t have to equal nibbling endlessly on high-calorie, low-nutrient dense food. The best way to avoid overeating the junk is to bring a healthy plate to share at a party. This vegetable wreath offers an array of micronutrients that are low-calorie and full of healthy fiber with a bit of zing from the healthy plant-based dip. You can lightly blanch your vegetables or plate them up raw for a colorful and festive platter.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of snow peas
- Handful of sugar snap peas
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
Note: You can use any vegetables that are available to you and this is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables in your fridge.
- 1 cup of cashews
- ½ cup of water
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 Tbsp of wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of powdered onion
- ½ tsp of powdered garlic
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- Wash and chop the vegetables to your liking.
- For the dip: blend the cashews and water until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients from the ranch dip until well combined.
- Arrange the vegetables around the platter and the ranch dip in a bowl in the middle to form a vegetable wreath.
- This can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
Cashews – blanched almonds, macadamias
Lemon Juice – apple cider vinegar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.