It’s an exciting and spooky time of the year, which calls for making fun drinks. Yes, you can have fun with juice! It’s a great way to introduce healthy drinks and juices to kids (and the big kids too). You can have loads of fun with colors and making interesting combinations for Halloween. Don’t miss this healthy combo with beet, orange, carrot and frozen cherry “eyeballs.” Double or triple the recipe and put it in a punch bowl, if you’re hosting a costume party.
- 1 beet
- 4 oranges
- 4 carrots
- 4 large celery sticks
- 1 knob (1/2 inch/1 cm) of ginger
- Frozen cherries
- Chop and prepare produce.
- Juice beet separately and store in a shallow dish, put 2 glasses in the beet juice upside down and store into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- When its cooled and the beet juice has thickened you can then turn the glasses the right way around and store on a plate and freeze for a further 20 mins to give a blood dripping down effect.
- Peel the oranges and juice the remaining of the ingredients except the frozen cherries.
- Pour the orange juice into the beet glasses and add the frozen cherries.
- Serve immediately.
Orange – sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin, apples, pineapple
Carrots – sweet potato, pumpkin, apples, pineapple
Celery – celeriac, zucchini
Ginger – turmeric
Cherries – blueberries, raspberries
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.