Cool off with this simple new smoothie this week. It’s lower in sugar, and higher in hydrating produce thanks to the romaine and cucumber in the smoothie. Not only is it tasty, but it’s also packed with nutrients including anti-inflammatory anthocyanins in the blueberries, eye and skin-healthy vitamins A and C, and is also a complete source of protein thanks to the hemp seeds.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 cup (40 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 romaine (cos) lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Wash and prepare all produce.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well blended.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.