Garlic is so delicious and absolutely loaded with powerful nutrients. One of the main nutrients in garlic that boasts some of the greatest health benefits is allicin. Allicin is an extremely potent antioxidant and also has incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Many people say that garlic gives them bad breath, and while that’s true for some, particularly when not cooked, I find that most people experience less offensive breath after eating it. Garlic is also on this list of top foods that fight colds, so eat up! Give this delicious and easy-to-make roasted garlic a go the next time you are cooking dinner. It’s delicious to eat it with roasted vegetables and even all by itself. It’s easy, nutritious and extremely tasty!
What you’ll need:
1 bulb of garlic (or more if you want to make a few!)
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
Aluminum or parchment paper
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4…
First, peel the outer, easy-to-remove layers of skin off the garlic bulb.
Then cut off the tops of the cloves.
Place the bulb on parchment or aluminum and drizzle with olive oil.
Let it cook in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until browned and voila! You have yourself a delicious garlic bulb to enjoy.
- 1 bulb of garlic (or more if you want to make a few!)
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Aluminum or parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Peel the outer and easy-to-remove layers of skin off the garlic bulb.
- Cut off the tops of the cloves.
- Place the garlic bulb on either a piece of parchment or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the garlic making sure that some oil gets into all of the cut-open cloves.
- Wrap up the garlic bulb in parchment or aluminum foil.
- Place in oven either on a dish or straight onto the oven rack and let cook for 40-45 minutes or until the cloves are browned.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0mg
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.