Zucchini Muffins – Recipe of the Week
Here’s a quick and tasty post-Reboot recipe packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Spread a natural nut butter like almond on top for extra protein. These muffins make a perfect on-the-go breakfast to accompany your favorite morning juice or smoothie.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey
2 large eggs (or substitute 2 Tbsp ground flax seed and 6 Tbsp water)
1/4 cup allergen free chocolate chips like EnjoyLife brand (optional)
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 zucchini shredded
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla, alcohol free extract
1/2 cup veggie pulp from juicing, optional (green, carrot, etc..)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in small bowl (flour, salt, baking soda, flax seed, wheat bran)
- Mix wet ingredients in large bowl (vanilla, eggs/flax+water, honey, shredded zucchini, oil, applesauce)
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients gently, being careful not to over mix. Stir in cacao nibs, chocolate chips and pulp.
- Pour into muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, testing with a toothpick to be sure they are done. May only need 12 minutes depending on your oven.