Here’s a quick and tasty post-Reboot recipe packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Spread a natural nut butter like almond on top for extra protein. These muffins make a perfect on-the-go breakfast to accompany your favorite morning juice or smoothie.
- 2 cups (250 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/ 125 ml) unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/4 cup (15g) wheat bran
- 1/4 cup (15 g) ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs (or substitute 2 Tbsp ground flax seed and 6 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup (45 g) allergen free chocolate chips like EnjoyLife brand (optional)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1/4 cup (4 oz/125 ml) coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla, alcohol free extract
- 1/2 cup veggie pulp from juicing, optional (green, carrot, etc..)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Mix dry ingredients in small bowl (flour, salt, baking soda, flax seed, wheat bran)
- Mix wet ingredients in large bowl (vanilla, eggs/flax+water, honey, shredded zucchini, oil, applesauce)
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients gently, being careful not to over mix. Stir in cacao nibs, chocolate chips and pulp.
- Pour into muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, testing with a toothpick to be sure they are done. May only need 12 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat9g
- Protein 7g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.