Right now in Australia we’re enjoying the most beautiful part of spring. For us, tropical and stone fruits are coming into season, while in the northern hemisphere, it’s harvest time for apples, pears and other fall fruits. You can substitute the tropical fruits in this recipe for stewed apples, pears, berries, banana, figs, pomegranates or frozen fruit (thawed).
- 1/3 papaya, sliced into fingers
- 2 thick slices of pineapple, sliced into fingers
- ½ large mango, sliced into fingers
- 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of coconut or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp of lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lime or lemon zest
- 1-2 tsp of honey or Stevia (optional)
- Toast the coconut lightly in a small pan over a medium to low heat.
- Slice and prepare fruit and arrange on a plate
- Combine zesty yogurt ingredients and drizzle over the fruit then sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top and serve.
- This can be stored for the next day but it’s best to keep the yogurt and fruit separate.
Papaya – paw paw, banana, apple, pear
Pineapple – apple, pear, pomegranates
Mango – blueberries, strawberries, banana, pear, apple
Coconut – chopped nuts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.