My 3 year old son, Dillon, picked out the ingredients for today’s juice. While next week marks the 2 year anniversary of the premier of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, it is nearly the 4 year anniversary of the very first screening of Joe Cross’ life changing film.
In early summer of 2009 my husband, parents and I went to the Tribeca Hotel in New York City, not knowing what to expect from the documentary. Within moments we were blown away and my family was so proud! It was such a special evening and so amazing to meet the dedicated team who worked on the movie. My parents and husband were so thrilled to meet Joe in person. Dillon was there too…I was 4 months pregnant with him so I wanted to dedicate this post to him. Not only is it dedicated to him but he came up with the recipe. I am a proud Mom!
- 1 head romaine (cos) lettuce
- 1 1/2 pears
- 1 cup (large handful) cut pineapple
- Wash all ingredients.
- Remove rind from the pineapple.
- Add all ingredients through the juicer and enjoy!
- Romaine (cos) lettuce – spinach, kale (Tuscan cabbage), mixed greens (any leafy green)
- Pears – apple
- Pineapple – orange, mango, kiwifruit
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.