One of the most common questions I get from clients and Rebooters is regarding the detoxification process. Detoxification is a complex process, but research suggests that getting a huge amount of phytonutrients from plant-based foods and cutting out processed foods, and non-organic dairy and animal-based proteins can help to promote the body’s natural ability to detoxify.
This juice is not only beautiful but offers tons of nutrients from these ingredients that may help to promote the body’s natural detoxification process:
- Broccoli and Kale are part of the cruciferous vegetable family that have been shown to potentially up-regulate liver detoxifying enzymes, which may help increase the body’s ability to detoxify. Cruciferous vegetables also contain powerful antioxidants that may be cancer-preventive.
- Parsley can help to stimulate bile production that can help with detoxification process.
- Turmeric contains major antioxidant that may help the body to make essential compounds in the detoxification process. Turmeric also contains potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to soothe joint pain.
- Ginger may improve digestion which can help with detoxification process and also contains a rich source of antioxidants that can help to protect against damage done during the detoxification process.
- Apple contains a compound called quercitin that has been found to help up-regulate detoxifying enzymes and other compounds; additionally quercitin has been found to contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Apples also naturally contain fiber that is beneficial to promoting regular bowel movements, and fiber may also help to prevent health issues including diverticulitis and even colon cancer.
- 1 – 2 green apples
- 3 – 4 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of jalapeno pepper
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- ground turmeric, for garnish (optional)
1. Wash all produce well.
2. Remove core from apple and stems from broccoli (save the stems for another juice!)
3. Add all ingredients through juicer.
4. Garnish with ground turmeric, if using. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.