Fourth of July is right around the corner. I plan on spending it with my family at a friend’s BBQ and want to bring something healthy but filling that everyone will enjoy. I decided on this Fast & Easy Three-Bean Salad. It’s a great dish to serve during the summer, especially for barbecue’s and potluck gatherings. The celery, parsley and rosemary give this dish a nice, fresh taste. And best of all, you can just throw all the ingredients into one bowl and it takes no more than 15 minutes!
I enjoy eating this on its own, over salad greens, or as a side dish.
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 2 celery stalks, chopped finely
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely cut
- 1 tbsp fresh finely cut rosemary
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar, unfiltered
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup (or agave or any other natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Taste and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 11g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.