Sweet potatoes are a definite fall favorite. They’re not only delicious and versatile, but they’re incredibly nutritious. Sweet potatoes pack a ton of fiber and beta carotene and they pair well with lean proteins, other roasted vegetables, and salads. This fall salad combines seasonal sweet potatoes with kale (Tuscan cabbage), pomegranate seeds, cranberries, and almonds. It’s a great side for your thanksgiving meal, or even for your everyday lunch.
You can mix it up by adding other seasonal roasted fall vegetables like carrots, parsnips, turnips or yams.
The nutrition info is based on 4 servings of this salad.
- 12 – 14 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted and cubed
- 3 tbsp (40 g) pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp (40 g) almonds
- 3 tbsp (40 g) cranberries
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 – 2 lemons (depending on how lemony you like it)
1. Roast the sweet potato in the oven at 400 F or 204 C for about 60 minutes or until cooked; let the sweet potato cool until you can cut it into small cubes. (Note: you can also cut the sweet potato into small cubes before roasting)
2. Tear the kale into bite-sized pieces in a large bowl.
3. Add all dry ingredients and sweet potato into the bowl.
4. Mix the dressing in a separate bowl then add to the salad and toss well.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 12g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.