I love salads all year round, no matter what the weather is like, and this is one of my favourites. The strawberries give the salad a sweet lovely taste among the healthy greens combined with the crunchy texture from the lightly toasted nuts. The touch of basil completes it perfectly!
- ½ cup (70 g) macadamia nuts
- 1 punnet (250g/about 1.5 – 2 cups) of fresh strawberries
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 large handful of arugula (rocket) leaves
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (can use caramelized if you want a sweeter salad)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
1.) Lightly toast macadamia nuts.
2.) Wash and chop strawberries into quarters and slice onion.
3.) Add all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
4.) Combine dressing ingredients – dress as you like (you may want more or less dressing).
- Macadamia – pine nuts, cashews
- Strawberries – tomato, watermelon, raspberries
- Spinach & Arugula(rocket) – kale, lettuce
- Basil – mint, parsley
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.