Maple & Cinnamon Baked Apples and Pears – Dessert
- 2 large hard Pears or Apples (Fuji, Rome, Pippin, Granny Smith or Jonathan work great)
- 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup or Agave
- 3 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- Slice off the tops of the apples or pears and set aside.
- With a small knife or apple corer, hollow out a 1” cylinder in the center of each apple, being careful not to poke through to the bottom. If you are using a paring knife, you might need to make the initial cut and then use a spoon to dig out the core.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the next three ingredients.
- Divide the raisins between the apples or pears, and then fill with the liquid mixture. Don’t worry if the filling doesn’t reach the top, it will expand as it cooks.
- Replace the tops on the fruit and place in a small baking dish lined with parchment paper, making sure that the fruit are snug in the dish so that they don’t tip over.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- With a paring knife, cut three slits in the foil to let steam escape.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
- Drizzle with extra maple syrup or agave upon serving, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!