When you need an easy but healthy dinner, try this salad. It’s delicious and creamy, and makes for a great way to enjoy those nutrient-packed dark green leafy vegetables and other healthy produce. Try using the delicious dressing as a dip with any combination of your favorite vegetables! It can even be used as a dipping sauce, too.
If you like tahini dressing, you can also try our Hail to Kale Salad.
- 2 cups (150 g) baby kale leaves
- 1 cup (75 g) curly red kale or regular kale, chopped
- 1/2 fennel, finely sliced
- 2 cups (250 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots (scallions), chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup (30 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (40 g) currants (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare salad ingredients.
- Add all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the salad dressing ingredients and whisk well until all combined.
- Toss the salad dressing ingredients with the dressing and enjoy. Use as much dressing as you need — you may find you have extra leftover or you may want to make more!
- Baby kale leaves – kale chopped, spinach leaves chopped, lettuce
- Red Kale – Kale, white cabbage, spinach
- Fennel – cucumber, radish
- Cherry tomatoes – any other tomato variety
- Red pepper – green, yellow pepper
- Red onion – brown onion, spring onion
- Shallots (scallions) – white onions
- Sunflower seeds – pepitas, hempseeds
- Apple cider vinegar – lemon, lime juice
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.