Even if it’s not warm and sunny where you are, this tart tropical treat is a refreshing breath of fresh air. This delicious smoothie is packed with important plant based nutrients like potassium and fiber. A plant-based diet that includes potassium rich foods has been shown to help reduce blood pressure and replenish necessary electrolytes that can be lost through sweat on a hot day or with exercise.
Look for a ripe mango for a sweeter flavor. Ripe banana and avocado will also lend better flavor, texture and nutrients to your smoothie.
- 1 mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) coconut water
- Peel mango, banana and avocado.
- Wash spinach.
- Place all ingredients in blender and liquefy.
- Add more coconut water, fresh juice or plain water to thin as desired
- Mango – papaya, star fruit
- Banana – avocado
- Avocado – banana, coconut meat
- Spinach – swiss chard, kale, romaine, any green leafy veggie
- Coconut water – water, fresh fruit juice (apple, orange, pineapple, mango, cantaloupe)
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat17 g
- Saturated Fat3 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium160 mg
- Carbohydrates91 g
- Fiber17 g
- Sugars63 g
- Protein 8 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.