Get glowing skin with this beautiful juice rich in carotenoids, a family of more than 700 naturally-occurring yellow, red and orange pigments found in vegetables and fruits. A small study from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland showed the groups that consumed just 3 extra servings of carotenoid containing fruits and vegetables showed a small change in their skin tones and coloration that was enough to be perceived as more attractive to others in just 6 weeks. Here is more information on how fruits and vegetables can make us appear more attractive.
- 1 beet (beetroot)
- 2 carrots
- 2 oranges
- 2-4 swiss chard leaves and stems (silverbeet)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger (optional)
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the oranges, and chop the ingredients.
- Juice all ingredients.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
- Beet – sweet potato, winter squash, red peppers, red cabbage
- Carrot – sweet potato, winter squash, orange
- Orange – lemon, mandarin, pink grapefruit
- Chard – kale, spinach, lettuce
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.