If you’re looking to lose weight, then you’ll want to make this juice. Bitter melon is an Asian vegetable that is commonly used as a bitter green in many Asian cuisines such as stir-fries, soups and stews, and it can also be made into smoothies and juices! Bitter melon may help reduce the incidence of insulin resistance and diabetes due to its ability to reduce elevated blood sugar levels. Studies also indicate that it may reduce the incidence of obesity and cancer. Due to its natural bitter taste it is beneficial for the digestion due to its ability to increase bile production. This vegetable has amazing health benefits that can’t be ignored, so make a juice with this wonderful weight loss vegetable!
Note: If you find the bitterness too strong, simply add more fruit you will still enjoy the health benefits!
*This is not recommended during pregnancy as there are some concerns about bitter melon’s safety.
- 1 bitter melon
- 2-3 apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- Wash all produce well.
- Cut the bitter melon in half longways– scoop out the seeds and white flesh with a spoon and juice
the outer green of the bitter melon. If you want a demonstration you can YouTube it.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients to fit through the juicer.
- Add all ingredients through the juicer & enjoy!
- Bitter melon – endive, arugula(rocket), spinach, chard (silverbeet), kale (Tuscan cabbage)
- Apple – orange, pear
- Celery – cucumber, zucchini
- Cucumber – celery, kale, zucchini
- Lemon – lime, yellow grapefruit
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.