These super simple “chips” are a great snack to have on hand all week long. I like to keep a little bag of them at my desk to stave off any afternoon cravings that might come up! They don’t take long to prep, and once you pop them in the dehydrator you have you very own stash of “chips”! Be prepared, these will shrink in size, but not in flavor!
- 4 large parsnips
- 4 large carrots
- juice of 1 lemon
- chopped dill, to taste
- sea salt & black pepper
- Wash and peel the parsnips & carrots.
- Using a mandolin, slice veggies into thin rings.
- Mix carrots and parsnips in a bowl with lemon juice, chopped dill, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on dehydrator trays (this doesn’t need to be even, it is OK if they touch each other).
- Dehydrate at 115 F (45 C) for 8-10 hrs.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours (in dehydrator)
Total time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.