Halloween is such a fun and festive time of year filled with lots of orange, crazy costumes, candy and other sweets. Although candy is so tasty, I always recommend to try to fill up on healthy yet festive foods and snacks. This smoothie is delicious and made with seasonal produce like butternut squash and carrot, and because there’s minimal added sugar along with healthy fat from the avocado and chia seed, this smoothie can help keep you satisfied while still allowing you to participate in the fun Halloween-y spirit. If you like pumpkin smoothies, you’ll also love this Fall Favorite Pumpkin Apple Smoothie.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk (more may be needed if smoothie is too thick)
- ½ cup (115 g) roasted pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- ½ pear
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- For fun, garnish with sage leaf
- Wash and prepare ingredients (pumpkin or squash should be roasted beforehand).
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on medium-high for 45-60 seconds or until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.