There’s nothing I love more than a healthy dessert and this one is at the top of my list. It’s not too sweet, but it’s extremely rich and satisfying. It’s packed with anti-inflammatory healthy fats and antioxidants from both the avocados and the cacao. So this is a dessert you can feel good about eating and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup (90 g) cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp crushed peppermint stick or chocolate shavings, optional
- Place the avocado in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- While the avocado is blending, add the cacao powder to the almond milk and whisk together (using a whisk or a fork) until the mixture starts to thicken and is smooth.
- Once the avocado is smoothly blended, add the chocolate mixture to the blender or food processor and also add the salt, maple syrup and peppermint oil.
- Blend or food process for another 20-30 seconds or until smooth.
- Dish out mousse and add crushed peppermint stick or chocolate shavings if desired then enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.