Toss out the junk food and make snack time fun and healthy for your kids. These Almond-Oat Bites are 100% kid-friendly (and adult-friendly!), a great snack, a fun after dinner dessert, or even a healthy breakfast option.
Let your kids’ hands get dirty and get them making these in the kitchen today.
- 1 cup (150 g) organic old-fashioned oats rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (40 g) ground flax
- 1/4 cup (25 g) sliced organic almonds, choppped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (75 g) creamy, organic almond butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (125 g)organic honey
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips (or make your own)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) ground almonds (pulse in a food processor), to roll the balls in
- Combine oats, chopped almonds, flax, chia seeds, sea salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
- Melt almond butter in a saucepan over medium-to-low heat. Once almond butter has melted, remove from heat and stir in honey and vanilla. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-sized balls and then roll it into the ground almonds, coating all sides.
- Let chill in the ‘fridge before eating. YUMMMM!
Optional add-in’s & substitutions: unsweetened organic shredded coconut, goji berries, raisins, chopped dates, dried cranberries, dried cherries, raw/unsalted sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 26 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Sodium15 mg
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.