I love delicious and easy pancakes (as you might know by now since I’ve made them before!). Pancakes are a fun breakfast option for weekends, and even a simple and fast dinner on weeknights, especially when they’re healthy like these. They’re lower in carbs and sugar, and instead contain healthy fat and protein. The base of these pancakes is almond flour and if you don’t use eggs you can sub the eggs for a flax egg (see below for more). Top these pancakes with maple syrup or fruit and enjoy!
- 1 cup (150 g) almond flour
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) almond milk or water
- 2 eggs (or 1 flax egg: 1 tbsp flaxmeal with 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and combine using a whisk or immersion blender until mixture is homogenous.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and mist the pan with avocado or other high smoke point oil for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 4-5″ rounds and cook on each side, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.