Chilly outdoors and a cozy inside is what this time of year is all about here in New England! Warming up with tea or soup is always welcome, but even cooler beverages like juice can feel warming, when made with certain ingredients. I love adding in seasonal vegetables and fresh herbs and spices to add nutrients, flavor and warmth. Good for skin, immunity and energy, simple juices can offer many benefits. This juice is lower in sugar, making it a healthy choice for those with diabetes or looking to cut sugar intake. To make this juice thyroid-friendly see the substitution list below.
Looking for more Winter Warmer Juices?
And if you need help managing your thyroid condition, consider signing up for our next 60-Day Guided Reboot for Thyroid — this program will help you get your body back into balance. You’ll learn to make lifestyle changes that can assist in improving overall wellness, and get help with certain thyroid-related issues such as excess weight.
- 1/4 green cabbage
- 6 romaine (cos) lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 pear
- Wash all produce well.
- Slice cabbage into wedge that will fit into juicer chute.
- Keep stems on mint when juicing – wrap around cucumber
- Juice all ingredients
- Cabbage – kale, collard greens or swiss chard, spinach (chard and spinach are thyroid-friendly)
- Romaine – spinach, any lettuce
- Cucumber – celery
- Ginger – turmeric, lemon, lime
- Mint – basil, rosemary
- Pear – granny smith apple
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.