In preparation for Memorial Day Weekend, I have easy, fast, simple recipes on my mind. When you’re making food for a crowd, complicated is the last thing you want to face in the kitchen. That’s why I made this salad that takes less than 10 minutes, contains ingredients you can find at the farmers’ market this time of year, and when added together they make a beautiful combo that will definitely be a crowd-pleaser. And of course it’s loaded with nutrients (let’s be honest, we could all probably use more nutrients at our summer barbecues!). With only four ingredients plus an easy dressing, you can chop and slice these beauties then add them to a large bowl, and you’re basically done. If you’re on an eating + juicing Reboot, this is a wonderful salad to make! Hopefully you’ll get lucky and find a nice avocado that adds to this salad’s good looks. Nothing gets me more excited than opening up my avocado to a sight of perfection — green, radiant and the ideal consistency. I didn’t even want to cut into it, I just wanted to look at it, but one little taste and I was chopping away and adding its light green vibrance to the bowl.
- 2 large handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup (150 g) mixed baby tomatoes (red, yellow, green, orange)
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash all produce well.
- Slice tomatoes in half or in thirds, then remove green tops from strawberries and slice into thin, flat pieces.
- Peel and cube the avocado.
- Add arugula, tomatoes, strawberries and avocado to a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly covered.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.