We love Moms at Team Reboot! And we are excited to celebrate them this weekend on Mother’s Day! What better way to celebrate than to have a super healthy and super delicious Mother’s Day Lunch.
So, you are on a Reboot and want to plan a special celebration to honor your own Mom or the mother of your kids, or perhaps you are a Mom yourself and thinking of ways to make this Mother’s Day special without straying from the Reboot Eating Guidelines. Either way, this menu is designed with you in mind!
Maybe you’re not on a Reboot at all, but you still want to enjoy a special plant-based lunch. Look no further. Just because you’re on a Reboot, doesn’t mean you can’t party with the best of them. Try this special Mother’s Day Lunch Menu (shopping list at the bottom!) and enjoy a seemingly decadent meal chockfull of fruits and veggies.
Hooray for Moms!
Mother’s Day Menu
- Fizzy Strawberry Soda
- Spring Salad with Radish, Fresh Herbs and Avocado
- Zucchini “Pappardelle” with Jalapeno and Mint
- Frozen Banana Treat
All Recipes Serve 4
Fizzy Strawberry Soda
1 pint ripe strawberries
1 liter sparkling water
- Mash strawberries in a bowl with a fork, or pulse in blender.
- Spoon even parts of strawberry mixture into each glass and top off with sparkling water.
- Add ice and stir.
- Optional – Blend all ingredients together for a smoother effect.
Spring Salad with Radish, Fresh Herbs and Avocado
1 Large Head of Boston or Bibb Lettuce
1 Cup Fresh Parsley (or other Leafy Herb), Chopped
10 Chives, Snipped
Handful of Radishes, Thinly Sliced
1 Avocado Cut into Small Cubes
- Wash all produce and place lettuce leaves, chopped herbs and radishes in a large bowl.
- Peel avocado and cut into small cubes and add to salad
- Toss with simple lemon vinaigrette
Juice of 1 Lemon
Sea Salt & Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients in small bowl until they emulsify.
Zucchini “Pappardelle” with Jalapeno and Mint
4-6 Zucchini Depending on Size
1 Large Shallot, Chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Diced
2 Handfuls Fresh Mint, Chopped
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Cut zucchini into long thin strips. You can use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler. With the peeler. peel off long layers the length of the zucchini. (Note: when you get to the middle, the zucchini might break up a bit, feel free to use a few thicker chunks if that starts to happen)
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pan and add chopped shallots and jalapeno. Cook until shallots soften.
- Add zucchini and cook very quickly, about 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly until zucchini softens.
- Toss with fresh mint leaves, a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt & pepper, to taste.
Frozen Banana Treat
4 Ripe Bananas, Frozen
4 Pitted Dates
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract (alcohol-free)
2 tsp. Cinnamon
Splash of Coconut Water
- Peel ripe bananas and freeze in a ziplock baggie in advance
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender (in a moderate blender, dates may not blend all the way, which is OK if you don’t mind a few chunks)
- Eat immediately or transfer to a bowl and re-freeze for a firmer consistency.
Happy Mother’s Day!
1 Pint Ripe Strawberries
4 Ripe Bananas
4 Pitted Dates
1 Large Head Boston Lettuce
1 large Shallot
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Liter Sparkling Water
Vanilla Extract (alcohol-free)