Sometimes our bodies just want a fruit smoothie. While we don’t recommend going all-fruit all the time, it’s okay to a enjoy 100% fruit smoothies on occasion. Especially when it’s packed with pomegranate seeds, grapes and strawberries that are particularly high in nutrients and antioxidants. A small study with heart patients suffering with severe carotid artery blockages were given an ounce of pomegranate juice daily for a year, the results showed the people who took the pomegranate juice experienced lowered blood pressure by over 12%, with a 30% reduction in atherosclerotic plaque, while the placebo participants experienced their atherosclerotic plaque increase by 9%. Enjoy this not-too-sweet fruit only smoothie the next time you need a refreshing beverage.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 large handful of red grapes
- ½ cup (75 g) strawberries
- 1 handful of ice
- Wash all produce well.
- Prepare pomegranate by following this easy 3-step, no-mess process from the Pomegranate Council, to show you how to de-seed a pomegranate.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Pomegranate – raspberries, blueberries. goji berries
- Grapes – blackberries, mulberries
- Strawberries – black currants, raspberries
- Coconut water – coconut milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.