Any excuse to throw in some turmeric to a recipe is a good idea because this spice increases the antioxidant power 10-fold in your drink! For this delicious recipe, I added in the coconut oil to improve the assimilation and activity of the curcumin, as small amounts of fats enhance its antioxidant potential. Turmeric has shown to be anti-cancer, liver enhancing, anti-inflammatory, anti-infective, anti-depressant and has the ability to reduce LDL cholesterol. Read more about the amazing benefits of turmeric here!
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 – 2 peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 in (1 cm) piece of fresh turmeric
- 1/2 in (1 cm) piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 handful of ice
- Wash produce well.
- Slice peach in half and remove the stone.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Peach – nectarine, apricot, pear
- Banana – avocado
- Carrot – sweet potato, butternut squash
- Coconut water – almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat6 g
- Saturated Fat4.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium270 mg
- Carbohydrates41 g
- Fiber7 g
- Sugars28 g
- Protein 4 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.