Yes I know, I’m juicing blood oranges again! But this pregnancy has given me crazy citrus cravings and I just can’t seem to walk past them at the market. I love the colour and the antioxidant content that they contain. You can use regular oranges of course if you can’t find these blood oranges.
Remember to be aware of grapefruit-drug interactions. It is always best to ask your doctor or pharmacist to identify a potential interaction. Grapefruit contains furanocoumarins which are believed to block the enzymes in the intestines that normally break down many drugs. One glass of grapefruit juice could elicit the maximum blocking effect for up to or longer than 24 hours. The grapefruit juice can therefore lead to hazardous levels of certain drugs.
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 ruby grapefruit
- 1 yellow grapefruit
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Peel the oranges and grapefruits.
- Chop the ingredients to fit through your juicer.
- Juice all produce and enjoy!
- Blood orange – orange, mandarin
- Ruby grapefruit – yellow grapefruit, lemon, orange, mandarin
- Yellow grapefruit – ruby grapefruit . lemon, lime
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.