I absolutely love my dogs, so I’m so careful what I put into their mouths. Yes, even when it comes to treats. No surprise there, right? I’ve been wanting to make homemade doggie treats but was waiting for the perfect occasion, and I found it! Today is National Love Your Pet Day! In these treats I put all human-safe ingredients, like almond butter, banana, carrots and coconut flour, so you can enjoy them too. I hope your pet loves these; mine sure did.
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup (125 g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly using a spatula until well combined.
- Roll out mixture on a floured surface to approximately ¼” to cut into shapes or make into small bite-sized treats (about 1″ x 1″).
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.