Who would have thought that only four ingredients could make this delicious ice cream? Well it’s true. Strawberries, coconut milk, pure maple syrup and cacao nibs make up this super easy, super tasty and quick vegan ice cream. No eggs, no dairy — just all natural sweetness! ENJOY!
- 1 1/2 cups/(300 g) of fresh strawberries
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) dark chocolate (85%) or cacao nibs
- Chop all the green tops off the strawberries and put aside 5 strawberries. Put the rest of the whole strawberries in a blender or food processor and add the coconut milk and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the remaining 5 strawberries into small pieces and stir into the strawberry mixture.
- Chop the chocolate finely or melt the chocolate to achieved ribbons of chocolate.
- Add the strawberry mixture to an ice cream maker and let run for 10 minutes then slowly drizzle the melted chocolate or sprinkle the chocolate chunks into the ice cream maker as the ice cream maker is turned on. Let it run for another 15-20mins. If you do not eat this immediately transfer to a container and freeze.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker pour the strawberry mixture into a tin or container then swirl the melted chocolate on the top and freeze until firm.
- Thaw for about 5-10 minutes before serving to soften it up a little if desired.
- Strawberries – cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Maple syrup – honey, stevia
- Chocolate – carob pieces
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat15g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.