Vegan ice cream is music to my ears, and it’s super easy, delicious and a great chocolate fix! This is my favourite dairy free chocolate recipe. I used organic brown rice malt syrup in this recipe because rice syrup has a lower sugar content than honey or maple syrup so it doesn’t make it overly sweet and has a very mild flavour but maple syrup and honey will also work nicely. If you miss chocolate ice cream at all you won’t miss it anymore.
- 1 can of coconut milk (BPA free)
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of cacao nibs
- Combine ingredients coconut milk, cacao powder, rice syrup and vanilla extract into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cacao nibs to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the chocolate mixture to an ice cream maker. Let it run for 20-25mins. If you do not eat this immediately transfer to a container and freeze.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker pour the chocolate mixture into a tin or container then freeze until firm.
- Thaw for about 5 – 10 minutes before serving to soften it up a little, if desired.
- Cacao powder – cocoa powder or omit for vanilla choc chip
- Rice Syrup – maple syrup, honey, stevia
- Cacao nibs – unsweetened dark chocolate chips, carob pieces
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat20g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.