This is a very refreshing and light salad. The spices and herbs in the dressing make for a wonderful detoxification and cleanse aid. Ginger, mint, coriander, chilli and garlic will aid the elimination of toxins and may increase the metabolism. This is a great addition to an eating Reboot program.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (garden cucumber), sliced or chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum (red pepper), sliced in strips
- 1 carrot, chopped in matchbox strips
- 2 leaves of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 kale leaf, chopped
- 1 cup of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
*You can mix and match any vegetables you like such as snow peas, bean sprouts, asparagus, lettuce, green capsicum (pepper), tomato, broccolini or anything else you like.
Thai Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chillies (any type)
- 2 inches (5cm) ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1-2 lemon juiced, plus some zest (2 teaspoons)
- pinch of stevia or 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- bunch of roots coriander (keep the leaves for the salad)
1. In a food processor blend coriander roots, garlic, ginger, chillies, lemon zest and juice, tamari and stevia or coconut sugar until well combined and finely chopped.
2. Combine salad ingredients all together in a bowl including the coriander leaves.
3. Pour dressing over salad ingredients, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
4. Add avocado sliced up on top. (My photo is missing the avocado but it will be even more delicious is you add it!)
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.