Good fats, good carbs, fibre and protein! This is a light, creamy smoothie that has it all. The passion fruit were looking gorgeous at the local farmers market in Byron Bay where I have just been on holiday so I grabbed a big bag of them! You could smell them as you walked past the stall. Passion fruit can be frozen into ice cube trays when you have an abundance of them for later use. Enjoy!
- 3 passion fruit
- 1 cup (250 ml) non-dairy milk (I used quinoa milk)
- 1 scoop of vanilla pea protein powder (1 serve)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 – 2 tsp rice malt
- ½ – 1 banana (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 handful ice cubes
1.Cut passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh and add into the blender.
2.Place all other remaining ingredients into the blender.
3. Blend & pour on ice (or just add ice to your blender).
- Passion fruit – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Quinoa milk – coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk and other nut milks, hemp milk, rice milk
- Pea protein – hemp or rice protein powder
- Rice malt – honey, maple syrup
- Chia seeds – flaxseeds, hempseeds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 12g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.