What you see is what you get…this smoothie tastes like pink sherbet! I love finding new ingredients and experimenting. After I blended this concoction and tasted it I was blown away with how much it tasted like sherbet to me and it took me right back to my childhood. My husband’s face said it all too! It’s sweet but absolutely delicious and highly recommended of course. Red currants are high in antioxidants and lycopene, which has links to a reduction in heart disease and cancer risk, particularly prostate cancer. These berries are also excellent for vitamin C, K and iron. All the produce can be fresh or frozen.
- 1/2 cup (50 g) red currants
- 1/2 cup (55 g) raspberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 slice of pineapple (full circle slice)
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the banana.
- Add ingredients into the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Red currants – cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Raspberries – red currants, cherries, blackberries, blueberries
- Banana – avocado
- Pineapple – honeydew
- Coconut water – almond milk, water, coconut milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.