The Nashi pears (aka Asian Pears) in Australia have been looking rather delicious so I had to grab some to juice and my little girl loves them! If Nashi pears are not available for you, you can always replace this with a regular pear. Sometimes these are called papples (cross between a pear and an apple although they technically are not a hybrid of the two). The Nashi pear is crunchy like an apple with the grainy texture and flavour of a pear. The fruit is very juicy and is a great thirst quencher. Nashi pears contain vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
- 2 Nashi Pears
- 2 Green Apples
- 2-3 Sticks of Celery
- 1 Lemon
- Wash all the ingredients and chop if needed.
- Peel the lemon if desired (the peel gives the juice a more bitter taste).
- Juice all ingredients.
- Pour over ice.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nashi Pears – Pear, any type of Apple
- Green Apple – any other type of Apple, Zucchini, Lime, Kiwi
- Celery – Cucumber, Zucchini, Lime, Cabbage, Spinach, Kale
- Lemon – Orange, Lime, Mandarin
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.