One of my favourite smoothies whilst I was pregnant was an avocado cilantro (coriander) smoothie, and sometimes it contained apple, pineapple or mango depending on my mood. So here is a great way to include the wonderful nutritional benefits of cilantro with loads of electrolytes! Not only does it possibly prevent lead depositing in the body tissues but it also has a range of strong antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties. So enjoy this tasty smoothie!
- 1/2 mango (fresh, or 1/2 cup frozen)
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful of cilantro (coriander)
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh coconut water
- 1 handful of ice or add extra coconut water
- Wash all produce well.
- Squeeze the lemon in a citrus squeezer to extract the juice
(you can add the lemon and blend whole if you choose to).
- Add all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend for at least 45 – 60 seconds in a high-powered blender and enjoy.
- Mango – pineapple, banana, apple
- Avocado – banana
- Lemon – grapefruit, lime
- Cilantro – turmeric, ginger, mint
- Coconut water – water, maple water
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.