If you’re looking for a healthy and extremely easy side to bring to your 4th of July BBQ next week, look no further. This salad is fresh, vibrant, healthy and it only takes seconds to make. I like to make it for myself for dinner occasionally but I will definitely be making a big batch to share with my friends and family while we watch fireworks. The recipe below is enough for about 8 – 10 people to enjoy as a side with grilled veggies.
- 3 avocados
- 3 mangoes
- 3 cups (750 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) raw honey (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Cut avocados into chunks.
- Peel mangoes and cut into chunks.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add avocados, mangoes and tomatoes in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and honey if you choose to use it and stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour olive oil mix over the salad and toss well.
- Store in the fridge for 1 hour or longer before serving.
TIP: When storing the salad, leave your avocado pits in it. This will help prevent the avocados from turning brown!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Servings: 8 - 10
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.